Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Facebook schmacebook

So, as a couple of you know, I deleted my facebook account recently. I made the mistake of accepting way too many friend requests. I only got the account in the first place to keep up with my kids' lives. Little did I know I would be snowed under by a deluge of inanity, poor spelling and worse grammar.

My plan is to cool my heels for a couple of weeks, then create a new, super-secret account and only befriend those whose lives interest me. If you don't receive a friend request from my new account by this time next month, you didn't make the cut... ;-)

On an entirely unrelated note, I bought a used XBox from a friend of mine recently. It's really cool.

The end.

1 comment:

Fred said...

I had an eloquent comment prepared, but I got an error when I tried to submit, so here's the short version.

I can see why you became annoyed at Facebook. I have several people hidden from my news feed who spew nonsense. I am content using it to get a peek into the lives of others who like to reveal too much, though.

Yeah, that wasn't nearly as good as what I had before, but there was no useful information there anyway, just me spouting off.

Fred